The world’s largest island of Greenland, ocated between the Arctic and Atlantic oceans is known for its vast tundra and immense glaciers as well as some of the most exhilarating skiing experiences.
Arctic Heli Skiing’s new package brings you to the scenic mountains of Greenland for the ultimate skiing vacation. The company has teamed up with legendary heli ski guide and explorer Kevin Boekholt in offering exclusive heli ski adventures on the east coast of the snow-covered island.
The region of Ammassalik is well known for its jagged peaks, deep fjords and unique Inuit culture of only about 2500 people in the entire region. The natives have remained traditional in using dog sleds for transportation, travel, and hunting and the surrounding artic area is home to a large number of marine mammals such as whales, seals and polar bears.
Coming into the seventeenth season of tourist operations, the Arctic Heli Skiing package encompasses pure adrenaline and exploration on this remote arctic island. The program is run out of Hotel Kulusuk on the island of Kulusuk in eastern Greenland right on the edge of the ski terrain.
The program includes:
- 6 hours flight time per group of 4
- 7 possible ski days
- 7 nights at hotel Kulusuk single occupancy
- All meals starting with welcome lunch on the day of arrival and breakfast on the last day
- The service of Internationally Certified ski guides
- Helicopters operated by Air Greenland and Greenland Copter
- Pilots with extensive heli ski specific flight training, high hours and perfect safety record
- Safety training and use of avalanche safety gear including avalanche airbags
- Use of Völkl freeride skis
- All ground transportation
To learn more, please click here.